Your hostel right on Madrid’s Gran Vía
We’ll be waiting for you up on the top floor (the 6th) of our neoclassical and modernist building. This is a landmark building due to its original architecture that shines with its own light at number 15 on calle Gran Vía in Madrid.
Opened in 1965 and recently renovated, our three-star hostel stands out for its strategic and privileged location in the heart of the Spanish capital.
We are just a few minutes away on foot from the Puerta del Sol square, Plaza Mayor square, the Cibeles fountain, the Puerta de Alcalá monument, and Plaza de España square.
From our establishment, you are very close to other tourist and cultural attractions such as the Prado, Reina Sofia, and Thyssen-Bornemisza museums, and the Royal Palace among other famous monuments in Madrid.
Just a few steps from our door, about 50 meters away, you can get to the Gran Vía Metro stop (underground) from which you can take a short trip to any of the tourist attractions in the city, and even to those that are a bit further out of the city including the IFEMA Convention Center.
During your stay, you will be completely connected to the rest of the city through public transport. In addition to the Metro, there are also several bus lines that stop on the Gran Vía.
Distances to places of interest
- Gran Vía Metro stop: 50 meters
- Puerta del Sol Square: 500 meters, about 6 minutes on foot
- Plaza Mayor Square: 900 meters, about 11 minutes on foot
- Cibeles Fountain: 600 meters, about 7 minutes on foot
- Puerta de Alcalá Monument: 950 meters, about 12 minutes on foot
- Prado Museum: 1,400 meters, about 18 minutes on foot
- IFEMA Convention Center: 13.5 km, about 20 minutes by car
- Alcalá de Henares: 33.7 km, about 35 minutes in car
- Parque Warner Madrid Amusement park: 29.3 km, about 33 minutes by car
- Madrid Xanadú (indoor ski slope): 27.2 km, about 30 minutes by car
- Toledo: 81 km, about 50 minutes by car
- Ávila: 112 km, less than an hour by car
From Barajas Airport
- By Metro: Within the Airport, follow signs for the Metro and take Line 8 (pink) to the Nuevos Ministerios station. From there, change to Line 10 (dark blue) to the Alonso Martínez station. From here, take Line 5 (green) to the Gran Vía station.
- By Metro and Train: Take Line 8 (pink) from within the airport (by following signs for the Metro) to the Nuevos Ministerios station. From there, change to the RENFE Cercanías train which you will take to the Sol station. From this station, change back to the Metro and take Line 1 (light blue) to the Gran Vía station or walk up to Gran Vía (street) from here.
- By Taxi: There are taxi ranks at all of the airport terminal exits. The fare (per trip) to our hotel is approximately €30, but bear in mind that you will be charged additionally for each suitcase that you bring.
From Atocha Train Station
- By Metro: You can catch Line 1 of the Metro (light blue) right from inside the Atocha Station, and take it toward Pinar de Chamartín. Five stops further on, you will get off of the Metro at the Gran Vía station. From there you need only walk about 50 meters to the very door of our establishment.
From Chamartín Train Station
- By Metro: You can take Line 1 of the Metro (light blue) from right within Chamartín Station toward Valdecarros. After 12 stops, you will arrive at Gran Vía. From this station you are only 50 meters from the door of the hostel.